Dr Ashcroft

Hi just a heads up that Dr Ashcroft can still be contacted through his gmail :-

jsashcroft@gmail.com

Here is a quote from his email on prices

[font=Calibri][size=3]“I can supply proscar. 2 packs for £90, 3 for £120, 4 for £150, 5 for £180.[/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3]or generic 5mg is now available legally available in the UK. Generics has just the same drug as in proscar, but produced by a different company. I only supply finasteride that is licensed for the NHS.[/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3]I can supply 2 packs for £60, 3packs for £80, 4 packs for £100, 5 packs £118[/size][/font]”

I ordered 3 packs for £120 and recived them in a couple of days.

Hope this is a help for people looking for more affordable treatment.

:D

Dr Ashcroft is a great reliable source!

[quote=spex]

Dr Ashcroft is a great reliable source!

[/quote]

Just wanted to say thanks spex, the advice you gave in this forum has been invaluable to me.

;)

or you can get 2 packs for £5 with a private prescrip from your GP - see my thread below

[quote=joe101]or you can get 2 packs for £5 with a private prescrip from your GP - see my thread below[/quote]

Tried that, 2 G.P’S at my practice said they wouldn’t do it.

Both said they weren’t comfortable with the tablet being cut up, and that they would be prescribing proscar for something which its not intended. Explained that it’s just a higher does of propecia, but they weren’t for budging.

£120 isn’t a bad price compared to some.

If it were me I’d make a formal complaint to the NHS. I’ll copy and paste what I said to a guy who had the same problem in another thread:

[quote]

did you read the new thread I just made in the forum below? : http://stophairlossn…t=0
http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4990&pid=35507&st=0&#entry35507

It’s clear that different GPs have different rules which I think is unfair.

My doctor did write a private prescription for finasteride 5mg. I told him what it was for and that I cut each pill into fifths. I even showed him an old letter I got from Dr. Ashcroft (my previous prescriber) - and told him I had been taking it for a few years.

I would go back to him again and make your case - Finasteride 5mg (Proscar) and Propecia are exactly the same things just different doses - he should know that. Make it clear that you will be dividing each pill up, that you’re distressed about your hairloss and that money is an issue for you. Tell him about this site:

www.ukfinasteride.info
http://www.ukfinasteride.info/

where you can buy Proscar 5mg on a private prescription perfectly legitimately from a genuine British doctor with a GMC number (Dr. Singh). If he still won’t agree to it, then think about asking to see a different doctor in the surgery.

if all else fails then I’d get it from that site since it’s 100% legitimate (Spex vouches for them, and read their FAQs) and way cheaper than buying Propecia from Boots. Dr. Singh should give you an assessment where he’ll make sure it’s safe for you to take Fin. Otherwise ask to see a specialst hair consultant, before you decide to start on it. [/quote]

Hi Joe.

I read what you said but the doctor I had was not taking any of it. As it’s sole purpose is not to be used for hairloss he was not going to risk his career on giving me Proscar to be used as hairloss. He was adamant about that.

I bought from Dr Ashcroft recently as his prices are cheaper than ukfinasteride but I have received no further contact since I ordered and handed him my address. I sent the payment through online banking to the sort code and the bank account number. £120 for me is quite a lot to lose if the tablets never turn up.

Is there anyway to contact you privately by the way Joe? Private messaging through this website or an email or something? You have helped me quite a bit in the threads, and it would be nice if I could contact you on the internet if possible.

Dr. Ashcroft is completely trustworthy - the pills will show up.

You obviously drew the short straw with your GP - think about finding a different doctor next time. I can’t believe he said he could risk his career by prescribing you the generic!.. :rolleyes:

you can email me at wintermute.night@hotmail.com

Dr Ashcroft is 100% legit - run a search on here and other forums. Try relax a little.

[quote=hairybhoy]

jsashcroft@gmail.com

[font=Calibri][size=3]“I can supply proscar. 2 packs for £90, 3 for £120, 4 for £150, 5 for £180.[/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3]or generic 5mg is now available legally available in the UK. Generics has just the same drug as in proscar, but produced by a different company. I only supply finasteride that is licensed for the NHS.[/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3]I can supply 2 packs for £60, 3packs for £80, 4 packs for £100, 5 packs £118[/size][/font]”

[/quote]

out of interest, why would you buy the Proscar when the generic is exactly the same but £40 less?

[quote=joe101]

[quote=hairybhoy]

jsashcroft@gmail.com

[/quote]

out of interest, why would you buy the Proscar when the generic is exactly the same but £40 less?

[/quote]

I went for the Proscar option as well. Didn’t fancy getting a generic version, even if it did mean me saving £40. I know the question wasnt for me, but I did buy the Proscar too.

If that Finpecia is supposed to be the exact same as the Propecia and there is a site that ends up selling it for cheaper than ukfinasteride I would move to that. Just for the convenience.

I got my generic Fin from Boots - how could it possibly not be legit?

just a thought - I’m not sure if Dr. Ashcroft would be willing to do this - but maybe you could ask him to write you a prescription and send you that. Then you could take it down to your local pharmacy and get the Fin from there

here’s a tactic that someone from another board did to get his prescription for generic Fin:

[quote]E-mail (what I did) a walk in clinic and tell them you are buying finasteride off the internet and tell them you are worried about the quality of the drugs and whether or not it was illegal, safe etc, basically bull**** them, I got a quick response from a local clinic and the dermatologist said he’d have no problem prescribing me generic fin as he’d prefer me getting from a legit source[/quote]

Good to see dr Ashcroft is back,I’m runnin low so gonna order soon;)

[quote=Firk]Hi Joe.

I read what you said but the doctor I had was not taking any of it. As it’s sole purpose is not to be used for hairloss he was not going to risk his career on giving me Proscar to be used as hairloss. He was adamant about that.

I bought from Dr Ashcroft recently as his prices are cheaper than ukfinasteride but I have received no further contact since I ordered and handed him my address. I sent the payment through online banking to the sort code and the bank account number. £120 for me is quite a lot to lose if the tablets never turn up.

Is there anyway to contact you privately by the way Joe? Private messaging through this website or an email or something? You have helped me quite a bit in the threads, and it would be nice if I could contact you on the internet if possible.[/quote]

Did u get you proscar in the end??