Fue Question.

Hi

Has anyone heard of keeping the hair long at the back and shaving strips for FUE, rather than shaving the whole head;. I know some doctors will do this. What are the disadvantages?

P.S Hopefully see some of you in Manchester next week.

Cheers

Beardy

Yes it can be done to help disguise area worked on by using long hair to cover but you are limiting yourself to area worked on and donor available. Remember you want FUE out of the “safe zone”

If you are considering FUE do not limit yourself - as FUE is unpredictable at the best of times even in experienced hands. Restricting donor area available to work on in order o harvest the appropriate number is not a good idea in my opinion. Think long term gain - not short term inconvenience wink.gif

In the wrong hands this channel idea could lead to over harvesting the area due to limnited area to work on wink.gif

You do not have to have the entire heqad buzzed - just a large enough area to harvest the appropriate number. See Hairroots pics - immed post op and 2 weeks post op:

copied below recent post on another forum:

Immed post op:

IPB Image

2 weeks post op:

IPB Image

Comparison 1 year post op:

IPB Image

Buzzed down 1 year post op:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hairroot video:Hairroots Video

Hope this info helps mate!
Spex

Cheers Spex

I read somehwere that there are a couple of doctors (correct me here but I think it was Mwamba and Cole) who use a technique to isolate each follice and remove it without shaving anything; this must be time consuming and limiting.

I like the idea of FUE (especially for 1200 - 1500 grafts which would do me) and I hear what you are saying re long term aims rather than short term, but it would be difficult for me to go underground for a couple of weeks. It would be easier to hide with strip as I plan on keeping the front longer to hide the work.

Thanks

All i can say and know is that all the top FUE clinics who produce consistant results with FUE shave down - i recommend you run a detailed search on whomever you think offers this and find information for yourself. One think i will say is that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is especially with HT’s and especially with FUE wink.gif

It is easier to hide a strip scar in my experience also - Be aware as well that with Strip you can hit the appropriate number of grafts required in one session (and you will still want more) You will not need more necessarily depending on your goal but goal posts move after HT 1 and you will WANT more!
Nature of the hairy beast tongue.gif

1000-1500 grafts is NOT a lot of hair so be sure you know what your actual requirements are as MANY think they only just want a little added but then soon reailse they should have had a great deal more and make the best use of their surgery and dono0r supply. Do not get cut open more times than you should - I see it TOOOOOOO OFTEN! dry.gif

Cheers Spex

I might just get one of those hats with hair stuck on, from the seaside instead.

LMOA! laugh.gif

Cheaper mate and no downtime;)

IPB Image

Or you could go for this little no.

IPB Image

wink.gif

That second style might be the one to go for…I hear the Peter Sutcliffe look is in this summer laugh.gif

I like this better; the authentic deep south look!

brandsonsale_store_1993_289130689.gif (19.6 KB)

Wow - thats DEEP south blink.gif

Reminds me of Deliverance - Banjo
edit - better link wink.gif