Hairdressers - Barbers ?

Hi all…

Having read through many threads / post on various forums I feel that there could be a great demand for hairdressers / stylists that are HT friendly and could offer a private service. I have spoken to a hairdresser whom I found through a female friend of mine.

I spoke to her on the telephone at some length about guys in various situations… recent HT’s,poor HT’s and MPB in general and issues regarding having their hair cut.

This particular lady is in her 40’s, very pleasant and also I have it on good authority that she is a very good stylist. She seemed to be very sympathetic in regard to all the issues I discussed with her.

I asked if she would consider becoming (hopefully) the first in a network of hairdressers that could provide a private service. She seemed very interested. I also discussed various products that are used ie Topic etc… this also seemed to interest her as she has never used these products and has told me that she will look into them with the idea of offering this as a service also… maybe showing people how to use them to the best effects… or maybe the stylist using them during a haircut for a special occasion…

I am aware that she would be looking at the financial aspect of this as running a business myself I will admit that it is one of the key issues I would consider.

I am not too sure what the next step would be ?

I for one would jump at the chance to have my next hair cut knowing that the hairdresser was aware of my situation and that I was treated in a sympathetic and confidential manner…

I have arranged to meet with her in a couple of weeks time, don’t think that I will be ready for a hair cut by then… but want to show her my head as an example of recent HT work and also bad previous HT work… I will also discuss what sort of prices she would charge etc etc…

During my telephone conversation she said that she could cover the Essex area… or anyone that my want to travel from outside of Essex. Who knows, maybe we could end up with a network covering the entire UK ?

For anyone that may think I am trying to create a business out of our plight… I can only promise that I am not… and that I am only trying to help all of us as I feel that this is a real problem for some of us… I know it is for me… The only person that has cut my hair for the last 4 years is my sister… and a hairdresser she is not !!

Well… enough rambling… would be great to hear all your comments.

Cheers

Tim

Well I dont want to put a downer on this but maybe 1 in 5,000 guys has a HT so demand would be limited.

SAF…

I agree with you… I do not think that anyone would cater just for HT guys but I thought it maybe good to find a list of hairdressers that are HT friendly ?

Just an idea

Cheers mate

Tim

Theres probably hairdressers out there who cater for accident victims ,cancer patients etc and HTs could be another add on to their client base.

It would be a nice idea and would help people who are embarassed or not confident going to a normal barber shop… i just think first most people dont want to admit they have had an HT and second i dont think there would be enough demand.

I think you could start something and have someone there willing to cut hair but your not really ever going to make proper money out of it.

Good luck with it smile.gif

Hi Supraman…

I did not really suggest this as a money making idea, more of a help to guys who are worried about using a hairdresser… I cut my own hair or my sister does it as I am not comfortable about walking into a salon … thought it may be good to have an option of a good hairdresser who will already know what to expect…

Cheers mate

Tim