Propecia / Finasteride

Hi,

I need to obtain a new batch of finasteride/Propecia as my urrent batch is running out. Where is the best (as in most reliable and cheap) that posts to UK?

Thanks.

I recommend either Dr Ashcroft or Dr Singh - Ive used them both for years

Info here : http://spexhair.com/…-prescriptions/
http://spexhair.com/cheap-uk-proscar-prescriptions/

Best

Spex

thanks Spex, do you know if Dr Ashcroft is still picking up his email requests as i’ve dealed with him exclusively in the past, but read on here about some people having difficulty getting a response from him?

Also, i was thinking of starting Minox, do you know of many people who experienced increased bdy hair? I’ve also read on BaldTruth about people getting dark circles under eyes etc. Are these common sides - I could not see anything on the sides on your site.

Thank for the reply and sorry for the late acknowledgement.

I’ve looked through my contact list and found an alternative email for Dr. Ashcroft:

john.ashcroft@nhs.net

I remember phoning him up years ago but can’t find that number.

Wobbly, you do know you may well be able to get a 9 month supply of generic Finasteride for only £5 through a private prescription from your GP? I did, so it’s worth trying

I thought you would have to pay the full ost of the item rather than the cost of a single script?

All I know is my GP wrote me a private (not NHS) prescription for Finasteride 5mg (not Propecia). When I took it to the pharmacy it was only £5 for two whole boxes - that’s about 9 months worth! I guess generic Fin is just a cheap med.

Only problem is that I’ve heard some GPs are reluctant to prescribe the generic even though it’s exactly the same as Propecia, as long as you tell the Dr you will cut each pill up and that you’ve used Fin before he/she should hopefully be reasonable enough to prescribe you the generic. Also say that cost is an issue for you.

I even showed my GP an old letter I had from Dr. Ashcroft to show him that I had already been taking Fin for a while, and he had no problem prescribing the generic 5mg.

worth a try

Just filling in the form on UKFinasteride.info and question 11 is as follows:

11. Do you know that finasteride is dangerous for females and contraception must be used during intercourse? *

However, on Spex’s website it states the following:

Myth: Finasteride causes birth defects if a man takes it when his wife is pregnant.
Fact: Exposure of pregnant women to semen from men treated with Propecia poses no risk to the fetus.

So why do one say contraception is necessary and the other state there is no risk???

It’s a theory, but from what I understand from my reading, there’s no evidence that Finasteride could be passed through semen in enough quantities to potentially damage an unborn baby. So it’s probably just a precaution

But if you have concerns and are planning to conceive a child then you could stop taking Fin for a few weeks. I think it only takes a couple of weeks for the drug to completely leave your system