Proscar And Concealer

Ive been using proscar and its really hard to tell if its working. This may sound really silly guys but what i did was put a tiny bit of shoe polish on some hairs which made it look a little thicker, i have noticed when washing my hair more hairs appear to be falling out, i dont know if using this does any damage or its just part of the process. I always consider shaving it off but i look terrible with a shaven head.

Concealing it does take ur mind off it for a while but when you wash it out it makes you feel like shit again, i guess we are all delaying or just cant accept that we cant defeat the way our hair is changing and there is really nothing that can be done unfortunately.

So many girls liked me with hair and with a shaven head i didnt get a look in, its true in my opinion that less hair means less women and thats happening to me, it gets me really depressesd.

QUOTE(Scotty @ Jan 2 2007, 04:28 PM)

This may sound really silly guys but what i did was put a tiny bit of shoe polish on some hairs which made it look a little thicker,

Oh I don't know, not that silly really... I tried Dermmatch after my HT and it looked exactly like I'd smeared shoe polish on my head.

Shoepolish !?! ohmy.gif Why ar’nt you using a proper hair product, didnt you know about dermatch/toppic/courve etc?

where can i get these products and what is the best one? beleive it or not the polish actually worked it made it look a little thickerbut i dont know if ican damage the air more???

QUOTE(Scotty @ Jan 2 2007, 10:45 PM)

where can i get these products and what is the best one? beleive it or not the polish actually worked it made it look a little thickerbut i dont know if ican damage the air more??????????

hi scotty i know its hard to say dont worry about it but if girls worry about how much hair you have they are very shallow theres something wrong with all of us girls included look at all the guys with shaven heads they dont seem to have any trouble getting girls try spray concealers mane etc plenty on the internet even ebay when you spray it on it may look a little dull try avon dry oil spray that will give it the shine back good luck mate we all know how you feel barnie
QUOTE(barnie @ Jan 7 2007, 01:27 AM)

hi scotty i know its hard to say dont worry about it but if girls worry about how much hair you have they are very shallow

He may not be looking for love and marriage dry.gif He may be looking for fit shallow MILFs for sex only and he needs hair for that wink.gif

Women = Shallow? You only just noticed this? laugh.gif

Guys has any of you heard of anyone else using polish, Im wondering if this would affect hair growth i hope not!!!

Ive read things on the net that say it makes hair loss worse, but i dunno if these are myths.

QUOTE(Scotty @ Feb 28 2007, 07:45 PM)

Guys has any of you heard of anyone else using polish, Im wondering if this would affect hair growth i hope not!!!

Ive read things on the net that say it makes hair loss worse, but i dunno if these are myths.

I couldn't say for certain, but I think that's probably a myth. Hair falls out because of MPB, Alopecia or stress. If it's not coming out in chunks then it's probably just MPB. I can't imagine that the shoe polish has any negative effect.

How long have you been using Proscar? If you haven't been using it long then stick with it, it should at least stop/slow down what you're losing. If you've been using it a while then try looking into Dut - it worked for me when I switched to it form Propecia.

I think we can all relate to how depressing it is losing our hair - hang in their bud, there are preventative methods, and there's always the transplant route - although I know that's not everybody's choice, but it has certainly worked for a lot of guys.

I would agree, that their are a lot of shallow women around, then again, there are also a lot of shallow guys - hence why we look at their face and bodies before we decided whether we want to talk to them! It might be that most girls don't have an issue with your hair loss, but it's how it affects you. My female friends can't believe that I'm going in for another transplant, they think my hair looks perfect (although if you read the link in my signature you'll realise that they're either being kind or just plain stupid!), but I’m not doing it for them, I’m doing it so I can feel happier about myself. Oh, and I want to pull all the milfs that PB’s hogging! smile.gif

I certainly know what you're going through my friend, and I hope what ever you decide to do, be it a transplant or just sticking with the meds and the concealer, that you find some happiness.
QUOTE(Shaft @ Feb 28 2007, 08:36 PM)

QUOTE(Scotty @ Feb 28 2007, 07:45 PM)

I couldn't say for certain, but I think that's probably a myth. Hair falls out because of MPB, Alopecia or stress. If it's not coming out in chunks then it's probably just MPB. I can't imagine that the shoe polish has any negative effect.

How long have you been using Proscar? If you haven't been using it long then stick with it, it should at least stop/slow down what you're losing. If you've been using it a while then try looking into Dut - it worked for me when I switched to it form Propecia.

I think we can all relate to how depressing it is losing our hair - hang in their bud, there are preventative methods, and there's always the transplant route - although I know that's not everybody's choice, but it has certainly worked for a lot of guys.

I would agree, that their are a lot of shallow women around, then again, there are also a lot of shallow guys - hence why we look at their face and bodies before we decided whether we want to talk to them! It might be that most girls don't have an issue with your hair loss, but it's how it affects you. My female friends can't believe that I'm going in for another transplant, they think my hair looks perfect (although if you read the link in my signature you'll realise that they're either being kind or just plain stupid!), but I’m not doing it for them, I’m doing it so I can feel happier about myself. Oh, and I want to pull all the milfs that PB’s hogging! smile.gif

I certainly know what you're going through my friend, and I hope what ever you decide to do, be it a transplant or just sticking with the meds and the concealer, that you find some happiness.

Ive been on the proscar for roughly 5mnth, but seriously my hair loss has just got worse by the month there is no way it will grow back. I would love to have a transplant, problem is i stay in the UK and I cant afford it. It would also take many procedures to get the result I wanted. The only option i have is to shave my head but i seriously dont suit it. ive not long started seeing a girl and she hates shaven heads, i feel so stressed as im powerless. Its in my genes theres nothing medication can do, just fnd it really hard to accept that ive been dealt shit cards in life.

What norwood are you? Meds dont work overnight and if you stick with it your hairloss may grind to a halt. Yes buying a new head of hair is f*ckin expensive.

Scotty,if you have been on pro for only 5 months it could be that you are going through a shedding phase at the moment,this phase as you are new to it could be a bad one,i have had a shedding phase last as long as 8 weeks mad.gif,i know its hard but stick it out a little longer.

QUOTE(tbf @ Mar 1 2007, 07:58 PM)

Scotty,if you have been on pro for only 5 months it could be that you are going through a shedding phase at the moment,this phase as you are new to it could be a bad one,i have had a shedding phase last as long as 8 weeks mad.gif,i know its hard but stick it out a little longer.

I dont think this is a phase my hair is slowly getting worse at the crown and temples. the temples dont bother me but having it up top as well is just plain embarrasing, it clearly dont look good.To have all this hair come back would be a miracle.

I stuggle to get thru the day, its unbelievable stress as there is nothing that can be done. Im the but of the jokes in the pub, now i dont go anymore. I used to have loads of confidence and got loads of female attention. When i shaved my head one time i hardly got any, this says it all to me. I hate to sound negative but there is no positive in this happening to any guy.

if you are certain that this is not a sheddng phase and your hair loss is getting worse and it looks like pro/fin is not doing you any good you could consider switching to dut.

QUOTE(tbf @ Mar 2 2007, 06:51 PM)

if you are certain that this is not a sheddng phase and your hair loss is getting worse and it looks like pro/fin is not doing you any good you could consider switching to dut.

Do you know where I can get dutasteride at a decent price, it seems very expensive but I would be willing to try it?

all these companies advertising it are just conning people i think
QUOTE(Scotty @ Mar 2 2007, 06:59 PM)

Do you know where I can get dutasteride at a decent price, it seems very expensive but I would be willing to try it?

I posted a topic called 'Cheap Dutasteride' under the 'Hair Treatments' section, link: http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2034

If you can't get a prescription from your doc (mine would only prescribe me because I had been on it for so long without any problems) then you should be able to get a prescription from Dr Ashcroft (do a search, he's mentioned on this site and Spex's website). Then take your prescription to boots, you'll get it for just under £34.00 a month, which as expensive as it sounds, is a really good deal for Dut.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time Scotty - trust me, most of us have been where you are now, and there are still so many who are still going through it. Try to think of the positive my friend; you have a girlfriend which is all good. I know that we are all different, and that everything affects us differently, but I know that when I'm in a relationship I don't worry half as much about my hair as I do when I'm not in one. Try to stay positive bud - you'll get through this.

nanogen fibres r the way forward for concealers they work really well

Try the Instant Hair that I have mentioned loads of times. Nanogen is incredibly expensive and is virutally the same thing. Ask for a free sample. A few people put posts about it earlier so you can check it out for yourself. Would be interesting to know how you get on with it. Does wonders for me and hardly costs anything! No locking mist! John.

QUOTE(snowman @ Mar 5 2007, 08:16 PM)

NANOGEN FIBRES R THE WAY FORWARD FOR CONCEALERS THEY WORK REALLY WELL

QUOTE(johnobrien @ Mar 23 2007, 09:34 PM)

Try the Instant Hair that I have mentioned loads of times. Nanogen is incredibly expensive and is virutally the same thing. Ask for a free sample. A few people put posts about it earlier so you can check it out for yourself. Would be interesting to know how you get on with it. Does wonders for me and hardly costs anything! No locking mist! John.

HA HA HA - HERE WE SEE MR O'BRIEN BEING HIS USUAL IMPARTIAL SELF - HE ACCUSES PEOPLE OF WORKING FOR HAIR COMPANIES YET ON EVERY POST I HAVE SEEN ALL HE DOES IS TALK ABOUT INSTANT HAIR. RECKON YOU ARE A STOOGE FOR INSTANTHAIR AND YOU SHOULD BE THROWN OFF THIS NOTICE BOARD. THIS IS FUN - LETS SEE IF WE CAN FIND MORE JOHN O'BRIEN POSTS

QUOTE(snowman @ Mar 5 2007, 08:16 PM)

NANOGEN FIBRES R THE WAY FORWARD FOR CONCEALERS THEY WORK REALLY WELL

bUmp!